Medical Malpractice Defense
Cases of Medical Malpractice Involve High Settlements and Damage Awards in Michigan
Brain damaged baby cases from botched births are atop the list of highest settlements and damage awards in Michigan.
Failure to diagnose life threatening diseases like cancer, stroke and meningitis are also high value cases.
At BEK Law, we are unique in that we have experience on both sides of medical malpractice claims.
We have defended doctors, hospitals and insurance companies against claims of medical malpractice.
And, we also have experience representing victims of medical malpractice.
What is Medical Malpractice?
Generally, any deviation or departure from accepted standards of medical practice that results in injury to the patient is considered medical malpractice.
Common cases of medical malpractice include:
- Traumatic brain injury suffered during child birth, including cerebral palsy and Erb’s palsy
- Misdiagnosis of cardiac health issues, and failing to take a proper medical history
- Failure to diagnose cancer, stroke or meningitis
- Surgical errors or mistakes made during surgery
- Injuries resulting from the patient falling out of bed
- Infections and other complications arising during hospitalization
- Improper ordering or administration of medications
Schedule a Free Consultation with an Experienced Medical Malpractice Attorney in Northern Michigan
Whether you are a doctor, hospital or other medical institution seeking a medical malpractice defense attorney or a victim of medical malpractice, give us a call to speak to an experienced medical malpractice attorney in Northern Michigan. Or, schedule a free consultation to discuss your case with an experienced medical malpractice attorney in Traverse City.